American Artist
While reading American Artist by Alex Greenberger, I couldn't believe I hadn't heard about this artist until now. The idea that when one thinks of an American artist, what comes to mind is a white male is something I have thought a lot about before. Identity is very important to me, and as an artist, I have chosen to be identified as a Chicana Artist, a.k.a Mexican-American artist. Much like American Artist is doing, I am trying to redefine what a stereotypical image of an American artist looks like. Their statements on anti-blackness are on point and their comments on American society, in general, were fantastic to read. Especially when talking about the new video for the exhibition, “I’m Blue (If I Was █████ I Would Die),” I was extremely interesting and I had to research more about it after reading the article. Something that stood out to me when reading was the moment Doctor Manhattan's character states, “I am a man who completely lost faith in the system,”, I felt that. Overall, great article and American artist is changing the game for sure.
Comments
Post a Comment