Get to know me (:

  1. Who are you? Citlalli Ramirez, a Mexican-American artist. 
  2. Where are you from? Kennett Square, PA. 
  3. Do you have a preferred pronoun? she/her
  4. Tell me something about yourself? I'm apart of a family of artists. My mother is a seamstress, my brother is a filmmaker, my sister is a photographer, and my father sings during his free time! My oldest sister is the only member of the family who is not an artist, shes a social worker. (:
  5. What is your major? I am majoring in Art Education. 
  6. What kind of art do you like to make (share an image)? I create various types of art from paintings, ceramics, embroidery, and photography (to name a few). I am very inspired by Mexican art, folk art, and mushrooms, really anything that is around me. 


  7. What apps/programs on the phone or computer do you use most frequently and what for? I use Instagram the most because I have my online portfolio where I regularly post my artwork and can see what my friends from Tyler are creating. Chrome for everyday business, VSCO for photo editing, and Spotify to listen to music because I cannot go a day without listening to music. 
  8. Who is one of your favorite visual artists (post a  photo)? One of my favorite visual artists is a Mexican artist based in Mexico City. Her name is Citlali Haro. 
  9. Who is your favorite musician (share a link)? One of many favorite musicians: Orion Sun & León Larregui.  
  10. What do you hope to get out of this class? I hope to leave this class with an ability to create digital art, which is one of my interests but I've never known how to start. I am also hoping to leave this class knowing how to use all the resources Tyler offers from 3D printing to laser and vinyl cutting. 
  11. Can you sit still for an hour? I can sit still multiple hours. 
  12. What is your relationship to visual studies? My identity revolves around being a Chicana artist, so visual arts means a lot to me. 
  13. What is the relationship between computers and visual studies? Super important for brain-storming projects, sharing, and creating art. Computers will continue to play a large role in this new age of art. 
  14. What is your experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere? I use Photoshop to edit raw images and edit my artworks to add to my portfolio. No experience with illustrator or Premiere. 
  15. Do you have a computer at home? If so does it have Photoshop and Illustrator? Mac or PC? Yes, I have a Macbook Pro with Lightroom and Photoshop, although I only use Photoshop. 
  16. Write a five-line story. As a child, I always dreamt of becoming a painter. I practiced my painting with very cheap dollar store paints. Eventually, my sister graduated from art school and left me her good acrylic paints. My dream of becoming a painter faded with teenage angst and rebellion. Now my life goals have changed but still and always revolve around art. 
  17. Post an image from your winter break. I went to New Hope, PA to visit my roommate over break!

Comments