Skip to main content
Project 2 Response Questions
- In what way did you change your process to make a piece that was site-specific? I changed it because first off it was too small, and then I changed it so it would fit perfectly across the 22 inches of space we had on the vinyl and it would appear bigger. Looking back now, I do wish I printed it bigger and maybe not all on the same line, that way my text would appear bigger on the glass. I do wish it was more visible but I also feel like the lack of visibility adds to the piece because it makes people double-take and wants to know what it is they are seeing, therefore, they can go up to it and interact with it up close.
- How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically in the making of this piece? If you did not feel challenged is there something you would do differently if you were to do it again? I felt a lot of pressure to make this piece deep, meaning I was very compelled to make it about a topic I feel is very strong. This was hard to make because I had several ideas floating in my head. Originally it was supposed to be about DACA recipients, but I felt like that might be less relatable and more personal to me and definitely wanted others to see themselves or someone in their lives that could relate to the message.
- Were there elements that made the completion of this piece either more difficult or felt not challenging enough? Working in Illustrator was frustrating at times because I had just gotten confident in photoshop and felt like I could do practically the same stuff on photoshop, I almost felt like it would've been easier to do on photoshop. Overall, the process was good, and I got the hang of it faster than I thought. The application process made me extremely nervous, I defiantly kept thinking about how I couldn't mess it up, which is also one of the reasons why I printed a second sticker. I also knew I'd be okay and it wouldn't be as bad as I thought once I stuck the transfer paper to the vinyl in class before break.
- Reflect on the critique and consider how your experience was different from the first: was the feedback you received helpful? Be specific about why or why not. This critique was different from the last because I received more criticism than last time and it was all very helpful and insightful. Definitely expected I'd have a different critique than last time because I felt as though this piece might have been hard to read, especially with the color and size.
- Please share any other thoughts. I really enjoyed seeing everyone's onsite pieces today in class, and cannot wait to see the rest of the offsite pieces and learning about their meaning.
Comments
Post a Comment